Before selecting any dentist or planning to make an appointment with anyone, it is important to read the reviews of the same. It is important to do your homework and to ensure that the same is the perfect choice for your needs.
Why is it important for best dental clinic reviews?
Choosing the right one from the listed best dental clinic reviews is important. Reviews can be overwhelming to choose from especially if you are dealing with the dental review site having comparable results. Often the patients look at these reviews and feel good about the dentist and their dental practice.
Similarly the number of review posting websites is on the rise and customers find it tough to find the best site to make the selection process easy for them. Many still rely on Google and similar search engines to determine the best dentist in their area. However, these sites are easy to manipulate and this makes it tough for you to assess if you have made the appropriate selection.
The problem with Google reviews
Here are a few issues associated with relying on Google as your dentist review website –
- Google reviews for business are often sorted by most relevant categories by default. Sometimes, the search engine instead displays listings that are most recent!
- Moreover, Google search relies on the most recent reviews as it is most relevant result according to its algorithm
- The problem is that it is not a reliable indicator for quality healthcare assessment
- Google also uses trends to assess the reviews. Since the business quality can change over time, this criteria cannot be the best way to determine the healthcare quality. Often the same can be determined by the fact that the business had positive reviews in the past 6 months while recently it has garnered a lot of negative reviews.
- However, if the dental practice has a lot of 5 star reviews or all the reviews are of 5 stars then chances are that something is fishy. In this case, it is recommended to choose the website with genuine dentist ratings and reviews. This is because not all customers leave positive feedback after meeting their dentists.
- Similarly, if the dental practice has a large number of reviews that are centered around a rating of 4-5 stars and none lesser than that then it is another sign that something is not okay
How to determine positive and genuine reviews from the sea of reviews?
- Look for specific mentions
It is great when patients appreciate their doctor by name instead of talking about the brand. Look for reviews where patients give kudos to their dentists by using their names. It shows that they genuinely like them.
- Look for the average rankings
If the average rankings are 5 or below 3 then there is a major problem with the shortlisted dentist. Experts recommend looking for those dental clinics with 4.5 ratings.
- Look for the responses by the dental clinic
It is important to look for the patient reviews and feedback on the dental clinic and at the same time, it is important to look for the feedback on these reviews by the dental clinic.
- What is the frequency of response?
Identify how the dental clinic responds to the reviews. In case they do not respond to these issues then it is best to look for another dentist.
At the same time, it is important to understand the timeline of such responses. It is best if the response is prompt.